Monday, May 20, 2013

2 months and counting...

2 months and counting until i start this amazing adventure. I never would have thought that this california girl born and raised would give up her life, her cell phone, contact with her mom, family and friends, her bed, and even her food and dedicate herself to serving the Lord for 18 months of her life. I have the opportunity of a life time that, as a 19 year old, I never thought I would get. But one little tiny announcement from President Thomas S. Monson, in October 2012 General Conference, not only changed my mind but hunderds, no THOUSANDS of Young Womens minds about the next few years  they'd experience. As i'm sure many girls felt, this is a direct excerpt from my journal that day...

"So many things can happen in a day. You can grow up, mature and learn if you really want too. Everyday you can do anything you want, doors are opened every second of the day. You have to keep your mind and heart open to all the possibilities the world gives you, and today i was given the opportunity of a lifetime. i'm taking advantage of the feeling i received when this door was opened and i'm not passing this one up. 'Straight is the gate & narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life,  & few there be that findeth'"....

I knew so many girls we were able to turn their papers in and they did, but me being the youngin' i am, couldn't turn them in until February 21st! I was DYING... literally wanted to get out of here as soon as i could! My papers were submitted on exactly february 21st and then the waiting game began... we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and finally.....  

I am definitely not a computer genius and couldn't figure out how to get this of of facebook an put it up so here is the link if you would like to watch it...

Anyways,

i cannot believe how incredibly blessed i am to be able to serve the people of Fiji for 18 months. I already have such a great love for them and hope that when i get there i can help them as much as they will help me! i love watching peoples reaction when i tell them where i am going! Their faces are absolutely priceless! The shock stage is still in process and i have been told that it will not go away until you get home.. but i was put immediately to work with the paper work, immigration papers, passport and immunizations. 



it was quickly finished and sent in and now the waiting game continues and the count down keeps getting smaller and smaller. it went from triple digits to double digits. and before we know it, it will be single digits! I am currently at 72 days and the number is getting smaller! July 31st could not come fast enough. but for now, i guess i will just continue with my everyday life. Loving the people here in Redlands, spending all the time i can with my amazing family and friends, eating all the Chipotle, Panera, and Chic-fil-a i can! I am so lucky to have the support of my family and and beyond grateful for my parents and how much they are sacrificing for me to go on this amazing adventure! I love you guys all the way to Fiji...

Sister Courtney Rich(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align: Center ;}