Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Valentines Day to My Lovely Family!!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! 
My valentines day wasn't as pink and happy as yours, but it was still good! It is better as a missionary to forget the little holidays, especially here because they don't celebrate the here anyways!(: haha but it was good! 
Our goal this week was to focus on less actives, so we did! In our area we only have like 5 or 6 less actives. So it is hard to have ward involvement in our area. But we were able to go and see all of them, plus 2 more we were able to find! So we went and saw them and they all were excited to see us! YAY! They all invited us to come back to see them so that is good. And a lot of them are part member families! YAY! Hopefully somewhere down the line we can start teaching them! But for now we are just focused of getting them to church!
A lot of our investigators were out of town this week! So we didn't get to see a lot of them but it was still okay! The Singhs, a family that is supposed to get baptized next week really started to improve this week! We have been working with them on the Word of Wisdom. They love their Tea! But we have been able to slowly get them off it! But their doing it! SO YAY! haha their baptism is scheduled for this Saturday and I AM SO EXCIITED for them! 
Also, best part of the week was we got to go to SUVA!!! Suva nene! haha and guess why?! because NEIL A ANDERSON came and spoke to the missionaries! Yes, I got to shake his hand and hug his wife! and he spoke to us! to all 140 missionaries! It was so good! He talked about how important the Book of Mormon is and the POWER that comes from it! It was so good and SO spiritual! I loved it! And on top of that, ALL THE MISSIONARIES WERE THERE! It was so weird and so awesome to see everyone. Its so weird to see everyone though! Especially since there is a lot of people I haven't met or even seen since I got here! We all just sat there and talked for hours! haha(: LOVED IT! But all good things have to come to an end and we had to come back to Nadi! haha! Then the next day we had Stake conference. It was also the best! We had Elder Calliste, of the 70 there. He and his wife talked to us again about the Book of Mormon. And also about being examples to your kids and friends. Something he hsaid that i loved was "how can you expect others to believe the message of this gospel when you aren't living it." It is so true! Especially here. The spirit was so strong all weekend. It was such a good weekend! Really helped me recognize a lot and I am excited for this week! haha another week of being a missionary, another week of doors slammed in my face, another week of tear, laughter and learning. But good thing I love being a missionary!(: haha This week I was able to reread a talk i printed off at the beginning of my mission and has been sitting in my journal and it is by Elder Holland and I don't know if i have said it before but this is it.. it says "I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. We are The Church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and he is our Great Eternal Head. How can we believe it would be easy for us, when it was never, ever easy for him?" 
No matter how hard it gets, the Atonement is real and our older brother knows exactly how I feel. This isn't going to be easy and it never will be. All that matters is what you take from it and what you learn from it. Another hard week ahead, but I am ready. 
LOLOMA LEVU! 
Sister Rich!


Oh yea so you can tell Russ this!
I was watching those "I'm a mormon" videos, and this girl that I was watching was from New York and in the middle of the video I see RUSSELL AND JEN!!! I screamed and had to show everyone! haha he looked so happy! It was cool to see that! you will have to go watch it!(:


http://mormon.org/me/534p?cid=HPTH020614439&im=true

No comments:

Post a Comment

#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align: Center ;}