Sunday, September 28, 2014

People are happier when the sun is shining!

It seems like the weeks get better and better as the sun gets hotter and hotter!(: I swear, people are happier when the sun is shining. No matter how hot it is, as long as the sun is shining it gives you happy vibes, and that has definitely been true here!!!(:
This week was full of walking, walking, and walking! haha(: 
We had a fun week. It was hot and humid! Which means it is looking a lot like the holiday season around here(: Which reminds me... mom you cant take the Christmas decorations down until I get home! I will help!(:... haha! 
Anyways.. SO i do have some sad news.. our investigator who was supposed to get b aptized this week... she ran away from us. Haha! We don't know what happened. But she just said she will be back on Tuesday or wednesday. But since she didn't come to church yesterday.. we have to move her baptism... So theres the sad news. but plus side.. She is still wanting to be baptized and she is coming back.. hopefully!(: haha! 
We were able to get 2 new inestigators this week!!! They are 2 little boys! One is 11 and the other is 9! they are so cute and are so excited about church and us teaching them. Tehir parents are less active and they are awesome too! The whole family is just ready for change! You can see it in their eyes everytime we teach! When we went and taught them the other day, and we asked them if they would come to church on Sunday as a family and the dad said yes we'll be there and the 2 boys both said YES! haha(: They are so ready to have the gospel in their lives! 
Its so cool how me and my companion were talking last week about how we need to find new investigators to keep us busy and we said okay lets forcus on Sala, our baptism date and we will focus on finding next week. But this week, we worked so hard to see everyone, recocent converts, less actives and investigators, even some members, and all of a sudden, little investigators started popping up.. So it just shows that hard work bring blessings(: haha! 
I also got a surprise yesterday at church.. We were sitting in Relief Society. And it was ending and i turned around because someone walked in and guess who it was....... ANA MATAITOGA!!!! I wanted to cry I was so excited! haha(: She brought Junior and Tukai and they have totally forgotten me! But, I was so so so happy! It was so good to see her and to hug someone familiar!(: She said everyone is doing good and i got to sit and talk with her for a few minutes!(: 
We also had a fireside yesterday because the temple is closing down. We got to go and listen to the templ epresident! it was so awesome. They talked a lot about Heavenly Fathers love and to keep the fire of the the covenants burning in you while it is closed. It made me appreciate the temple so much! It made me realize how much of a blessing the temple is! We are so lucky to have one 5 minutes away. But these people, now they have to travel to another country! The sacrafices they will make will  be a blessing when it opens, and I hope I will be able to be here for it!!!(: haha! 
Well thats about it for this week! it was such a good week.. not much to talk about! but I can tell you that the church is true. No matter how hot and miserable the sun is, this work is real and all worth it at the end of the day!(: I have always loved walking and talking but now, it is even better because the spirit is there and I am not doing this by myself. I have Heavenly Fathers help! I love this work. I love this gospel and I know that it is true. I love you guys so so so much! 
au lomani kemudou kece! 
xoxo sister rich

No comments:

Post a Comment

#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align: Center ;}