Sunday, December 21, 2014

Trunky Bug



Well.. Just when I thought I wasn't going to get it... the trunky bug hit! And it was a lot worse than I thought it was going to be! haha! I can't even begin to tell you how much I NEVER want to get that again! This week was a long week, and not much done, due to my bug.. haha but, I am grateful now that I got it, because I realized how much I love this work and how much I don't want to leave.. (sorry family) It was almost like a change in me. (like in Russell terms.. like when Spiderman got sick from the bug bite, but then he changed into this awesomely strong hero) That’s what this sickness is! It changes you for good. Let me kinda explain what I mean....

So this week I just kinda felt like I was off.. Like the spirit wasn't as strong as it should be. Which caused tempation to sleep, not study, and be lazy, a lot stronger than it has been my whole mission. Lessons were hard to focus on, walking was exhausting, and the days seemed to drag on and on and on! But, I did the only think i know could help me to get this stupid killer bug gone! haha And that is pray. Last night, as we were turning our numbers in, i realized how unsuccessful this week had been. It was kinda more like I was just going through the motions more than actually doing it. (Because of me being unfocused) And as I slept on it, I woke up this morning and got on my knees, and prayed and asked Heavenly Father 1st, for forgiveness for wasting a week of work. And 2nd asking him for the strength and the spirit to be able to finish strong. As I was in my prayer i just felt the spirit so strong and as I got up I was changed. My appreciation for this work, for heavenly father, and for the life that I have right now, is the greatest thing EVER. I had a little freak out this morning, as I looked at the calendar, and to see that I only have 24 days left to give it all I got, is so scary! Because that is NOTHING! I know I don't have that much time left and that really scares me. And so I can't waste any second of it. I am kinda glad I got the sickness, because in order to be the amazingly strong "hero"/missionary/RM I need to be, I had to go through the "Change"! 
As I did my studies this morning, I was reading in D&C 128:22 it says, " Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? GO FORWARD AND NOT BACKWARDS. Courage, brethren; and on to victory! Lets your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad." So as I finish stronger than ever, i am going to go forward and not back. This church is true. This gospel is true. I know with all of my heart. Because just like Alma the Younger, he had to have a change of heart to reach his full potential. So, I KNOW this change of heart will give me the courage to sprint to the end. And what better time to have all this happen, than at Christmas. The season of blessings and miracles!!!(: I just love it all. I love Fiji. I love the people. I love the language. I love the gospel. I love the church. I love the scriptures. I love prayer. I love my family. I love the sun. I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I love my companion. I love smiles. I love sitting on the floor. I love eating with my fingers. I love not doing my hair. I love taking cold showers. I love being a missionary. But, I LOVE SHARING THE GOSPEL. And nothing can now stop me from doing that. 
I love you all so so so much! Sorry this week was kinda bland. But this next week will be one with a lot of miracles, I can just feel it!(: 
LOLOMA LEVU!!
Sister Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment

#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align: Center ;}