Sunday, June 1, 2014

Hello my Wonderful Family!!


Hello my wonderful family!
This week has been a good week and a sad week! But everything happens for a reason right?!
So i'll start with Monday:
Sister Iro got released from the hospital. The Assistants went and picked her and brought her to me. Then we had to go to the office because President Klingler wanted to see her. So we went up to the office, since we can do that because I am so close to it now.. But we went and waited fro him. In the mean time, they tell me that Sister Iro is going home... She was too sick to keep serving and it wouldn't have helped anyone if she stayed. So they sent her home! It was actually really hard on me.. But I guess it is all for a good reason. But that kinda ruined my week. I know that her going home was for a good reason though! She couldn't have stayed. She was in too much pain and her staying her wouldn't have helped anyone!
Tuesday: We took her to the airport and Sister Iro went home. We went to district meeting and then I have been with Sister Trammell and Sister Eneri since then. We had a fun week! And I am actually surprised we have made it in a trio this long! This is the 1st time in the history of the Fiji Suva mission, that we have had 2 white girls serve together. And it has been SO FUN! Sister Eneri said that we are the 2 craziest white girls she has ever met!
Wednesday: We had Zone Conference. IT WAS SO GOOD! I learned SO much! It was SO HELPFUL and I am really going to miss the Klinglers. I was asked to talk on being Charitable. Which is funny because I am not that charitable... haha! But I talked about the most charitable person I know. And I chose MOM!(: I read the coolest quote it is by Marvin J Ashton. "Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or catagorize someone else, when we simple give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someones differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. CHarity is refusing to take advantage or anothers weaknesses and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other... If we could just look into each others hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us face, i think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance and care." I LOVED it! And I think that it is the perfect form of charity we need as a missionary!
Thursday: We had service at a members house. We invited the warsd to come and help because we were helping rebuild the house. So we had all the elders come and we had a lot of people from the ward turn up! It turned out to be really good and was good to serve others. It was good to see the smile of the peoples face when members came! It was awesome! Then that night, Sister Trammell has a ward on the bottom of her foot... gross right? But because I lLOVE her... I picked out the seed for her... hahahah(: It was so funny! It was definitely a had to be there moment, but the pictures will explain and you will laugh! Hopefully(: haha! But I have a new nickname! ....the WART WHISPERER!!(; haha
Friday: We had planning and made cookies for the Zone leaders. We had a lesson with a guy named Pita. He is a newer investigator. I have been teaching him since about April. He has alrweady taken lessons and he is SUPER SMART. Like I just found out he got into UCBerkley but decided to stay in Fiji... no biggie! But anyways, we taught him and he totally got scared I was committing him to baptism when I was just inviting him to come to church... haha! We laughed about it and told him to keep praying about baptism. But he will be baptized one day! We also got a referral from some members, so we had them take us to the house, and IT IS A FAMILY! Their name is the Lata family! Their awesome! there is 5 of them. It will be so much fun teaching them!
Saturday: It was raining so I was soackign wet all day long! But we had a good day! We were able to see a lot of people. We were able to visit a lot of families and we were able to visit a lot of members. We visited a member and she told us that Sister trammell is going to be the 1st one to be married 1st because she is so CUTE... hahaha(: And then she tried to cover it up by saying you're cute too! But Sister Trammel is just so cute boys won't turn her down! Then She said I am too mature, so my husband will have to wait for me to be ready to get engaged, but her husband will just propose! HAHAHA! It was the weirdest but funniest conversation. I was laughing so hard! Then as we were leaving, I was teasing Sister Trammell about being cute, and she says "Its ok Sister Rich you're sexy, you got all the curves in all the right places! HAHA! We were DYING!(:
Sunday: We had AN AWESOME SUNDAY! We had 9 investigators at church! 9!!!! We got that whole family to come to church, and then 4 others! We had such a good day! The chapel was FULL! It was so awesome. One of those moments you see the friuts of your labor! It was AWESOME! Then we had dinner at the Collins house! They made Spaghetti(: It was so good!
Other important things: I have some weird eye problem. Haha i had to go to the doctors today. They thought it was conjunctavitis, but what they gave me was not helping. I have had the same thing 3 times since I came to Suva. Which has already been 9 weeks! ( WEEKS!!!! And can you believe I have been out 10 months! I can't believe it! CRAZY!
Well this week was good! It was interesting, but still fun! You make the best out of what you have! I really am grateful to be a missionary! It is hard, but it is fun and the most amazing thing on this earth. I wouldn't want to be anywhere but here. I love you guys so much! Have a good week(: And hopefully little madix comes this week!(: LOVE YOU!
loloma levu! Sister Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment

#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align: Center ;}