Sunday, October 13, 2013

Wonderful Wonderful Conference Week

Oi lei! It is Monday again!(: I was so excited for today to email you all about conference and what happened this week! I feel like so much happened, but now that I think about it, nothing exciting really happened! haha(: But I'll start from just talking about conference! 
OH MY GOODNESS! Amazing! Every session was so good and there weren't any talks that were like funny talks! Every talk was really serious and really inspiring! I love how President Monson said at the end of the morn ing session on Sunday that this conference has been the most inspired conference he has ever been too! Which I think everyone was thinking at the point! Because it was so true! I just sat there and soaked every word I could in! Haha(: They talked a lot about families and having the priesthood in your home and trials in your life! Oh boy did it make me miss you guys so much! I cannot wait to talk to you guys on Christmas!(: You guys are seriously so Amazing! Thank you for all you do for me!(: I love you guys! I also loved how President Eyring talked about the families and how we were put in this family because we knew we would be able to love eachother no matter what happens or what we do in this life! Which is SO true! Because no matter what happens we are always going to love eachother! That isn't going to change! So I love you guys, if you guys don't know that already!(: Just all of conference was good! it was such a good reminder! And President Holland totally had me crying on the Saturday session! Oh man! He is amazing!(: So conference was good! I loved it! I am going to get the talks from the relief society broadcast and read those because i heard those were good too!(: But i can't wait until April for the next conference!(: Oh and I loved the quote "Doubt your doubts, before you doubt your faith!"
Lets see what else happened this week...Tuesday we had Zone training! So all the missionaries from Sigatoka to Rakiraki got together and we had a training with our Zone Leaders! It was really good! They asked me to conduct the music.. haha I have no idea how to conduct music so I got up there and just waved my arm! haha I looked so retarded! but oh well! Then Elder Smith, the zone leader came up to me after and said thanks for your effort Sister Rich! haha At least I know i'll never get asked to conduct the music again!(: But training was really good! As missionaries, one thing we do for training is role play... haha i hate it! But it is the best thing! Because everyone is horrible at the role play, but then once you get the bad time out of the way, you know not to make that mistake again! So we did alot of role play! And we learned a lot about including our members in our missionary work! Which we are trying so hard to do but our ward doesn't want to help at all! So make sure you are helping the missionaries anyway you can!(: Give referrals, go with them to lessons, ANYTHING!(: SO zone trainign was good! 
Wednesday was kinda a slow day! We didn't really do anything and no one was home so we walked and tried to talk to people but they wouldn't.. so that was a bummer day! but Thursday was Fiji day!(: We took our investigators to the ward picnic at Wailoaloa beach! I took my camera.. and it died.. so I sadly don't have any pictures! But it was so fun! We taught lessons on the beach and just kinda relaxed and had lunch with the ward! That made me miss you guys too this week! If you couldn't tell I missed you guys alot this week! Haha(: But it was fun! We went home and then went to see some less actives and give a blessing to an elderly lady with the elders and she made us dinner! So that was nice! We hardly got fed this week.. which is weird! haha Friday was good we went to Sobeto! Only one of our investigators was home and them our recent convert was home! But Bui, our recent convert, and her sister, Ma, are so cute! It is starting to be Mango season here! Oh man, I am LOVING IT! Mangos here are so good! Oh and Pineapple here tastes so good too! Lets just say fruit here is better! Haha Except for apples and grapes! Those aren't that good here! haha But, sobeto was fun! I loved it!(: Then saturday we went to Conference! So good! Then we went and visited our less actives and no one wanted to see us really.. haha This week has kinda been slow! Because we didn't teach that many lessons, but we were super busy it felt like! Haha Oh saturday night we also took our investigator to a YSA dance! hahahaha Oh man it was so funny! It was a going away party for one of the YSA's she is going to Ghana on her mission and leaves on Sunday! She is so funny! Her name is Meme! So we went for the party and then left once the dance started, because you know.. as missionaries we aren't allowed to be there.. haha but we left our investigator and everyone said she had so much fun! She loved it! haha so that was good for her to be with all the members!(:
Then Sunday! Ward baptism in the morning and then conference!(: SO GOOD! Then we went out to visit our less actives and all of them let us in! One of them, Sister Lala, i think i've talked about her before! Well we have gone to see her the past few days and she kept saying, oh im busy, come back tomorrow! But everytime we came back she just kept saying "i'm busy" So yesterday she finally let us in! She told us why she hadn't been letting us in and she said she went to this guy and I was kinda confused, but she went to some preacher guy and he was going to fix her leg for her! (She had a stroke so her right side doesn't work very well! She is the one who got the blessing last week and was totally walking the next day!) So anyways, she went to see him and he told her someone did black magic on her at the church and all this stuff and talked her into not coming to church anymore! So thats why she had been turning us away! And then Saturday night she was super sick and her leg was hurting again, she said she thought she was going to die.. and when she finally fell asleep she had a dream! And she said an angel who looked just like me came and picked her up and helped her get up and then she said when she woke up she was bawling! Of course me and Sister Lavaka were crying too! She said after that she got down and said the longest mosty sincere prayer she said she has ever said! And she said, when she saw me in that dream she knew that I could help here! Me and Sister Lavaka are angels sent to her from Heavenly Father! The spirit was so strong! And at that moment all I could think was that this is the reason I am here! Who knows what would've happened if Sister Lala didn't have that experience.. I am here to help people! To bring them unto Christ! It was definitely an eye opener to me at how much I can effect one persons life! It was definitely a moment I will never forget!(: 
This week was a slow but busy week! I have noticed Heavenly Fathers hand in his work m ore and more everyday as I continue to do what HE WANTS us to do! I am so grateful for this gospel! I have no idea where I would be without it! We need to remember that Heavenly Father loves us! And i love you guys so so so much! I am so lucky to have you guys as my family and in my life! I can't even begin to tell you how m uch I wish you guys were here to experience this all with me! But, I hope you guys are seeing the miracles in your life too! 
AU LOMANI VAKALEVU IKO NOQU MATAVUVALE! 
YOU GUYS ARE SO AWESOME! I LOVE YOU!!! 
Keep being so awesome and working hard!(: 
-Sister Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment

#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align: Center ;}