Monday, December 16, 2013

Getting used to a New Companion

This week has been a little crazy! Getting use to a new companion is totally different than I thought it would be! It is a good thing because I am learning a lot, but also a bad thing because I miss Sister Lavaka so much! But it is fun gettign to know a new person! It is like going to school and having different roommates! Haha but this one you have to spend every second of the day with.... (:

Anyways this week I wanted to try something since I always come to email and then I completely forget what happened the past week... so I brought my journal and am going to update you day by day! Maybe this will help my short term memory..(:

Monday: Sister Jonathan came and I just let her unpack and settle in. She is super quiet and hardly talks.. but good thing we went to Anas for dinner! Oh so cool story, there is this love song here in Fiji that is like the famous love song that everyone knows! Milas cousin wrote it! And he was staying with Ana when we went over there! So I basically met a famous Fijian and got to have FHE with him!(: haha

Tuesday: Nothing happened all of our appointments were fall thoughs.. kinda hard for Sister Jonathan who didn't talk again all day long! So I pulled Mila along with us and made her talk to me so I don't go crazy talking to myself! haha but funny story! So it has been raining so much here! Like rain hard for 2 hours and then HOTTER than hot! But tuesday it didn't rain at all it was sunny all day long and I got the best tan! haha but we were taking this short cut in the shade because it was hot.. and since its been raining it was muddy.. and yes I know you guys know where this is going.. I totally fell in the mud! Me and Mila were dying laughing and Sister Jonathan just kinda sat there and stared at us! but then I stood up and we finally got to our investigators house and there was one last puddle we had to walk through and yes, I fell again!! This time it was in front of our investigators.. haha they were all laughing at me! But good thing I was laughing too!!(: Oh and we also had exchanged with the Sister from Ba! Sister Fanene who went to BYU Hawaii and was actually roommates with Kylie Miles(: Small world! haha but we had fun we ate ice cream and stayed up all night talking!!!

Wednesday:
Me and Sister Fanene had fun proselyting! We went and committed 2 of our investigators to baptism! It was so much fun and the spirit was amazing all day! We really listened to it and found new investigators for me and Sister Jonathan and got return appointments for this week(: So YAY! We also committed 2 of our investigators to baptism!!(: Yay!!!!

Thursday: WE WALKED EVERYWHERE ALL DAY LONG! Sister Jonathan decided to change the area...So she did.. all the people we use to visit, we aren't going to visit anymore.. we are starting over I guess! haha! All we did all day was OYM and knock on doors! It was definitely a draining day in every way possible! But I was able to go straight home, shower and sleep!(: Oh and a funny story! So we went to this ladys house to oym her and both me and Sister Jonathan thought she was blind! Hahaha but she wasn't she was like this old lady who could hardly move but she invited us in and she just kept staring at me! She reminded me of the lady on emperors new groove!  So she was a little old creepy looking lady who we though was blind but wasn't! It was kinda awkward! Oh and I got sister jonathan to laugh at me today!!! haha YAY!!

Friday: Another day of all day walking and OYMing! Oh yea.. OYM means open your mouth.. which means you just talk to anyone and share the gospel and try to get a return appointment!(: Haha but anyways.. we met some really good people! I had an awesome experience though! I said to Sister Jonathan lets go down this street! It was a street I had never seen before.. she actually didn't want to go.. but I said lets just see where it takes us! So we went and at one of the houses there was a girl sitting outside and I started talking to her! She invited us in and we had so much fun! They're an amazing family who actually invited us over again this week and it was such a cool feeling because as soon as we all started talking I just kinda had that connection with them! I really hope we get to see them this week! As we were leaving, they kept saying "do you guyS have to leave?!" haha it was such a cool experience being able to listen to the spirit and finding them!!(: Oh and the ward xmas party!! It was so fun! I wish we could've stayed longer to be with everyone! But missionary curfew... haha(: But it was so fun seeing everyone and being able to introduce sister jonathan to everyone in the ward!(: Its weird that is it almost christmas!!!!

Saturday: kinda a slow day! We walked everywhere and it rained all day.. but we were able to go to sobeto and see our investigator!(: We also went to one of the villages called Narewa and tried to find all our less actives in there.. haha no luck.. but I made Mila come with us again and we were able to find another new investigator! Woohoo!! Oh and sister Jonathan is starting to talk.. haha she decided to talk now!!(: she really misses her 1st area! Which i know how she feels! I will miss Nadi so much! but I don't think I will get transferred until maybe feb or march! So YAY!!!(:

Sunday: It was so weird not having Sister Lavaka at church with me! We usually have so much fun! but it was a weird day! Everyone kepts saying they miss her! But everyone keeps saying their glad they still have me!  I am glad everyone loves me just as much as they love Sister Lavaka!  Sister Jonathan got mad at the bishopric.. It was so awkward! We were in our weekly meeting and she just started telling them all the things that they are doing wrong.. and me and Elder Teke (the Elder who I came with to Nadi and we are going to leave together haha) were trying so hard not to laugh! Haha then Brother T.. our 1st counselor just let her keep talking! I think it was a way for her to get all her stress/anger our about transferring! But it might have been the most awkwardest moment on my mission! Hahaha

Well that was my week! We were successful with our OYM's and talking to people! I am loving the people so so so much! I can't even tell you how amazing they are and how much I love them!(:
You guys sound like you guys had a fun weekend with Russ and Jen! I am sad I missed them! But i'm glad you guys all got to be together!!! YAY MOM about your job! You are now a working lady! Haha go mom! Definitely a blessing!(: I can't wait to be able to come home and see how much you have done with it!!(:
I CANNOT wait to talk to yyou guys next week!(: I keep talking about it to Mila! I was thinking I will call you guys on my Christmas.. Christmas Eve for you and then I will skype you on your christmas!! We are allowed to do that(: So.. YAY!!!!(: I can't believe that it is already christmas! I have been on my mission for 4 1/2 months! That is the longest I have ever gone without seeing you guys!!  WEIRD!!
Well I love you guys so much!!! You guys are so absolutely amazing!!! I miss you guys but i can't even begin to tell you guys how much I am loving being a missionary right now! I just wish you guys could experience everything I am experiencing in real life instead of through emails!
Au lomani kemuni!!!(:
loloma levu!!!
-sister rich

No comments:

Post a Comment

#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align: Center ;}