Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 
I can't believe it is 2014!!! It seems like it was just yesterday I was going up for school... WEIRD! Haha! well this week was actually a slow one! It was good but it just felt like it took really long to get to Monday again! But, we got a lot done so that was good!! 

I am going to take things from my journal again because this week was so long, I don't know what really happened! Haha

Monday: We had Zone training and Zone Pday! It was so fun! We played dodgeball and the training was actually really good! We have been challenged to do a Book of Mormon reading!! It starts Jan. 20th and ends in March I think! It is only like 3-4 chapters a day! I will have to send it to you so you guys can do it with us! But I am excited because I am almost done with reading it and then I will be able to read it ALL over again!(: We were also challenged to get 100 baptisms in the month of March. So for our zone, that means we have to get 42 baptisms. And when they did the math, that means we need 24 new investigatotrs before the middle of Feb! We can totally do that! That is only 5-6 new investigators a week(: Haha But yesterday we had a mission fast and it was so powerful! It was awesome and i am so excited to see the miracles! 

Tuesday: I got yelled at a lot today! Haha I got the door slammed in my face... which is really unusual in Fiji! Even if their not interested in what we say, they still invite us in for juice or something! So that was kinda depressing! then when we got out of a taxi, i shut the door and the taxi driver told me to stop shutting the door so hard and then started cussing at me in Fijian.. haha so that was awkward! THEN, we went to a return appointment from an OYM and we got told to go away and never come back again! Haha it was just a weird day! but I did see an old lady scrubbing the side walk and I felt bad so I went and helped her and sister jonathan just stood there and stared at me... haha But i felt good that I was helping someone after a day of getting yelled at and doors slammed i n my face that is what I needed... haha! Oh and HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!(: 

Wednesday! NEW YEARS! I definitelykept thinking about just watching football and eating chip dip all day! haha but we went to the YSA camp and said hi to some people from Suva that Sister Jonathan knew! So in Fiji, the way they celebrate the new year is by throwing water on people! Haha... But I didn't get wet. But we were at Ana's house and I poured water on Iliesa.. One of their cousins that stays there and it was fun! A tradition I will take home! SO.. be careful on New years!(: They celebrate it all day long(: We also wen to one of our less actives for dinner! They were so nice! They are an indian family! The mom asked me to marry her son when I get home! Haha... that was kinda awkward.. But I just laughed! He was embarassed though! haha! I think that is like proposal #4 since I have been here... haha 

Thursday: We had service in the morning! We went and helped tear down a room at a members house! IT WAS SO HOT! Mom, i felt lke i was in Yoga! we were in this little room and we were sweating from like every pore possible it felt like! haha but it was fun hammering the walls(: Then we went and GOT MY TRAINEE!!!(: She is a Fijian! YAY!! Her name is Sister Kotobalavu! But I call her sister koto for short(: She is awesome and I love her! We got along the 1st second she got off the bus! I was so excited! We don't know how long she will be here though.../: Sehe is waiting for her visa to serve in Vanauatu! But we heard a maximum of 8 weeks, which means I will be in Nadi for like 3 more months! Haha Which means, half my mission! haha 

Friday: We got a new investigator!!! YAY!!! She is someone we oym'd a while ago but she has never been home!! But she was home and she told us how much she loved the restoration pamphlet! She asked us to come back so she can learn more so yay!!!(: 

Saturday: We went on splits today! Sister Jonathan with a member missionary and me and Sister Koto. It was so fun! Me and sister Koto have decided to do one act of service a week and so we decided we would buy groceries for the mataitogas because they had like no food when we went over the other day. SO we did and when we took them over, sister mataitoga started crying and just gave us like the biggest hug! It was so good! We knew they needed it! Then we walked ALL DAY LONG! Oi lei! Let me just tell you, I don't think I have ever sweat this much in my life! It is so hot here! And the sun is just so hot! We had to walk from like our house to yucaipa in the heat! I wanted to just sit down and fall asleep! haha but when we got there the family we went to see was so glad we came! They fed us and we stayed for like 2 hours because they wouldn't let us leave! We also went to another less active who is doing lotulotu now (worshipping idols.) his wife was the only one home with the kids and she was SCARY! She like wouldn't stop staring at me! And It made me feel really awkward and Sister Koto felt awkward. And when anyone else would talk she wouldn't stop staring at me! I was just thinking of Indiana Jones... don't look into the eyes.... haha so I did! I avoided all eye contact! And then once we left I felt so much better and so i don't think we will be going back there again! haha

Sunday: Church was so good! I love Sundays! We went to pick up our investigator! She is so awesome! She came to church with all the kids!! Then one of our members we are close too, Sister Lasei, she was prego! She went into labor! So you know me, BABY LOVER, had to go to the hospital to see her! Man things here are so different!!! Your husband isn't allowed to be in the room when you deliver, the nurses aren't on the clock all the time! No drugs nothing! I felt so bad! She was in so much pain! I was like rubbing her feet and her back! haha everyone was looking at me weird! But I felt so bad! But then she had her baby!!!! YAYYY!!!! A baby girl! She is so cute! I got to hold her(: Haha It was so fun! I love babies!(: It made me so happy! Then we went to anas and had lolo buns!! So sunday was a good day! 

Sorry my week was kinda boring and slow! Everyday is the same thing! Haha so I never really know what to write about! but you guys always have such fun weeks, I have to try and sound like I can compare to it! haha(: But You look like you had such a good new year! Glad katelyn, Carly and Emma were able to stay up!!! Haha! We still had a 1030 bed time! haha But I did get lovo the next day!!!(: haha still doesn't compare to fondue though(: You guys are seriously so awesome! I can't even tell you how much I love you guys! Sorry I haven't sent that many pictures lately! I keep forgetting to bring my cord..... SORRY!!! But next week I will FOR SURE remember!!(: 

Love You all!!! 
-Sister Rich 

p.s. can you believe that next year you guys will be getting ready to come and pick me up!!!!!! WEIRD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align: Center ;}